Full Name: Adnan Abdul-Munaim Al-Janabi
Place and date of birth: 19-9-1940- Babylon.
- B.SC. Economics (Honors), University Of London, UK, 1963.
- M.SC. Petroleum Technology, Chemical Engineering Dept, Loughborough University, U.K., 1970.
Languages:• Arabic: Native.
- 2018 Retired, Head of the Iraqi Research and Studies Center (MOBDII).
• 2014 -2018 Re-elected to the Council of Representatives from Babylon.
• 2010 Member of the Council of Representatives. Chairman of Oil and Energy Committee.
• 2006 President of the Iraq Center for Research and Studies.
• 2005-2006 Member of The National Assembly, Chairman of the Finance Committee, Vice Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee.
• 2004-2005 Minister of State, Government of Iraq.
• 1996-2003 Independent Member of the National Assembly (Parliament) of Iraq.
• 1997-2003 External lecturer in the National Institute for Administrative Development, Iraq. • 1990-1995 Independent Consultant in Vienna & Baghdad.
• 1988-1990 Resident Consultant in Vienna, with Center for Global Energy Studies, London.
• 1982-2003 C.E.O. and partner in several companies in the private sector.
• 1981-1982 Director of Foreign Relations and Investment, Ministry of Oil, Iraq.
• 1976-1981 Head of Economics and Finance Dept. OPEC, Vienna.
• 1975-1976 Adviser, Ministry of Oil, Iraq.
• 1974-1976 Part time lecturer, Chemical Engineering Dept.Baghdad University.
• 1972-1974 Head of Crude Oil Marketing, INOC.
• 1970-1972 Head of Crude Oil Transportation Section, INOC.
• 1969-1970 Study Leave in U.K.
• 1967-1969 Economist, Iraq National Oil Company.
• 1965-1967 Central Bank of Iraq, Research Dept., in charge of relations with I.M.F. and World Bank.
• 1964-1965 Iraqi News Agency, Editor of economic Bulletin and Oil Bulletin.
PublicationsPublication of Significant papers on the theory and practice of oil pricing and production, theory of exhaustible resources and other energy subjects in various technical journals in the U.S., U.K., Europe and the Arab World.
• The Rentier State and dictatorship (in Arabic).
• The Need For Cooperation Between, Producers&Consumers (with Dr.luay Al-Khateeb).
• Launched (IRAQIPEDIA) the Iraqi open Enyclopedia.
In 2016, published: • Getting Rid of the Rentier State ( in Arabic )
Some Energy Highlights
- After joining INOC in 1967, worked with the oil sector planning committee as coordinator, and head of transport section, which oversaw the purchase of the first five tankers, and the establishment of Iraq Tanker Company, and was member of the board of I.T.C. and the Arab Tanker Company.
- Participated in the negotiations with I.P.C in 1971, which lead to the nationalization of 1972, and was Head of Crude Oil Marketing, which later became SOMO. - Participated in all OPEC Ministerial Conferences from 1968 to 1981.
- After a confrontation with Saddam Hussein in 1975 over marketing policy, went to Vienna in 1976 and joined the OPEC Secretarist as Head of Economics and Finance, in which capacity he oversaw the creation of the OPEC Fund.
- Returned to Iraq in 1981 as D.G. of Foreign Relations and Investments . It did not take long for him to fall off with the Baathist regime, and resigned without pension.
- Helped establish the Vienna branch of the Centre for Global Energy Studies, headed by Sheikh Ahmad Zaki Yamani, and directed by Dr. Fadhil Al-Chalabi.
- Continued research and publishing and participation in conferences on energy matters. Was lecturer on oil matters in Baghdad University and the Institute of Management for senior officials in the Ministry of Planning.
- Was a Minister and member of the Ministerial Oil and Gas Council in the Interim Government, headed by Dr. Allawi.
- In the National Assembly, was Vice Chairman of the Constitution Draffing Committee and Head of the Finance Committee.
- In the Parliament of 2010-2014 was Head of the Oil and Energy Committee.
- Participated in the drafting of INOC law which was passed on the 5th of March 2018.
|Haidar Al Abadi|
|Ibrahim al Jaafari|
|Kosrat Rasul Ali|
|Salim Al Jabouri|